Albert School was one of nine schools built between 1907 and 1914. The cornerstones for Albert and King Edward schools were laid the same day (in 1911), both were built to the same plan, opening for classes in 1912. King Edward was demolished in 1979. Albert survived demolition when the school was no longer needed as a neighbourhood school by the Public School Board. Albert became home to the Saskatoon French School. Albert School is now the Albert Community Centre and thus still serves the community that it became part of.