Huge white pillars dominate the Arrand Block. The block was built in 1912 by the James and Walter Arrand, brothers who were builders in Saskatoon since 1907. They intended to live in the apartment house themselves, indeed Walter lived there and acted as caretaker until 1952, the building has retained most of its original character for this reason. The block is solid and dignified in appearance. The front balconies give the pillars some purpose. At the rear there is an interesting circular fire escape which was manufactured locally by John East Ironworks.