The Bowerman House was built in 1907 as a hunting lodge "off in the bush" south of Saskatoon by Allen Bowerman, a prominent developer. It was a delightful building with stone fireplace, tin roof and high ceilings.In 1917, after the bust of the development boom, Mr. Bowerman sold the hunting lodge.
In 1923 the property became part of Saskatoon Sanitorium site. The Bowerman House became the residence of Dr Boughton and his family from 1925 to 1959. The house is still used as a private residence, now being in the care of the M.V.A. The Bowerman Ho use will remain at its present location and be used as a private residence, or could have another use compatible with its heritage designation.
Excerpted from GARGOYLE volume 19, number 1 John Gencor