The Canadian Fairbanks Company built their new warehouse of reinforced concrete, uncommon in 1911. The design was by David Brown and Hugh Vallance. In 1912 the company became the Canadian Fairbanks-Morse Company. The warehouse had a CPR spur line until the mid-sixties, when much of downtown was redeveloped.
The warehouse changed owners often, being used as a warehouse, offices (including the CCF party and the Co-op) and since 1985 as an art gallery and photography studio. With the redevelopment of the CPR Station across the road, the future looks bright for this fine old building, now known simply as the "Warehouse".